Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Thanks and a Real Neat Blogger Award

I'd like to say thank you to Megan for offering to share my blog.

It really solidifies me stepping out from lurking in a big way but now I'm feeling a bit over whelmed and shy about blogging. Luckily I've been told that no one expects anything great and just to write for me, although I can't help to feel like I should step up a bit and organize my blog so it's running better. While lurking about I have seen many blogs and I made mental notes about how I wanted one to be, but it's a lot more work then I thought.

lol

I'd like to have better paragraph skills, not so poor grammar, an about me section, explain myself better as to what the heck I'm doing here. Oh and for the blogger part of backgrounds, I've found loads of them here on blogger in the advanced template setting and I changed the font. I sort of just chose a quick background and I'll have to play around with it more later. I went with a cutesy one for now with little birds on it.

Along with that I was nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award by Cali Mom at His Rib, Her Rock, and while I am going to answer the questions, I am not sure about nominating others because the few blogs I did bookmark and read, I have seen they have already done this Blog Award and I don't really know anyone else! 
I do lurk on a few others but I don't follow them yet and do not feel comfortable nominating.
But, I'd still like to answer the questions.



These were Cali Mom's questions:

1. Is there a particular song that always makes you happy and you just can't help singing along with - even when you come across it in the middle?

Well, I have to listen to popular radio or current pop music when I drive my tween around, so I've been subjected to a lot of that music these days and I do find myself getting into the Pharrell Williams song - Happy.
Now if it was me listening to my ipod or something then I'd have to say I enjoy singing loads of crappy 80s songs which could be too embarrassing to name (like when you just HAVE to sing along to "Never gonna give you up" by Rick Astley) :)


2. Was there ever a book that you unexpectedly stayed up all night to finish?

Oh yes, loads. Every Harry Potter book, Most recently Gone Girl, Game of Thrones books even though they were horribly long and wordy and made me fall asleep at times. Pretty much any book I get into I obsess about and finish off in a matter of days. I remember reading Stephen King's The Green Mile little series in days, I devoured them.

3. If you could have a wild animal as a best friend, which animal would you choose?

I would have to say a horse! I used to ride horses and have always loved them. Oh by wild I mean finding and taming a real wild horse!!

4. Would you describe yourself as an Extrovert or an Introvert?

Inside my head I'm a introvert. I worry and fret about hundreds of social situations, but on the outside I have learned how to smile and be talkative at gatherings and make my rounds... only go to home completely exhausted and wanting to drop out of sight for hours or days after!

5. If you could step into a favorite book or movie, which one would it be?

I'm going to have to be a bit of a nerd here and say Harry Potter. It may be childish, but I loved all those books. I remember the day it first came out and I was working retail at the time. I grabbed a copy and used to hide in the store room reading it and couldn't stop. My goal is to take the kids to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter  at the Orlando studios! I must go!

6. Is your idea of a perfect vacation exploring new things or relaxing?
Relaxing for sure!

7. Is there anything kinky on your bucket list?
Oooo, I don't know what to say here. We have been pretty exploratory in our relationship from the beginning, well, there is one thing I've never done before and that is played with food. 
Aside from all the other things we do and have done, we have never done that.
We have always teased about it, be it cool whip or chocolate and even gravy once(EW! and he's teased about bacon as well) and joked about using it on body parts. 
It's the one thing we've never done I think because all I can relate it to is making a mess where ever we are doing it and having to clean it up, and what if it gets places it shouldn't? :(


Well, those were fun and I really enjoy just lurking and reading other people's blog posts, especially the Q&A kinds. Thanks for nominating me!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Effie,
    I loved all your answers! Especially stepping into Harry Potter books - my kids and I all wish we could go to Hogwarts - it comes up all the time, lol. And we totally want to visit Harry Potter land in Orlando - and the HP museum in London some day. We are also eagerly awaiting her next series of books as well. :)
    I am like you in that I am an introvert - which simply means we need alone time to replenish after social events - doesn't mean that we don't enjoy them - it's just that they usually drain us rather than energize us. :)
    Love your confession about what songs you sing along with - my son and I laugh at the ones that get us going, no matter how old or cheesy (yah, all those 80's hits lol) they're just fun.
    Oooo the food thing! Hubby and I tried honey recently - and keep flirting about using whip cream or chocolate sauce - but like you, I don't want to clean up any of the mess left behind, lol.
    Thanks so much for participating! It's a fun way to get to know you better.
    hugs,
    Cali

    ReplyDelete